Manchester United have completed the signing of defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica for £31m.
The Sweden international, 22, travelled to Manchester on Wednesday to discuss terms and have a medical.
Lindelof, who has won 12 caps for Sweden, becomes United’s most expensive defender, overtaking the £29.1m paid for Rio Ferdinand in 2002.
Soccerblitz.net profiles the defender, see facts about the swedish below:
- His full name is Victor Jörgen Nilsson Lindelöf.
- Lindelöf began his career in Sweden at Västerås SK, making his debut in September 2010.
- In December 2011, he agreed to move to Benfica in Portugal, initially representing the club at youth and B levels.
- He made his first team debut in September 2013, he continued to appear for the club at B level, while also winning three Primeira Liga titles.
- Lindelöf has represented Sweden at under-17, under-19, under-21 and senior levels.
- He was a member of the under-21 side that won the 2015 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
- He made his senior international debut in March 2016 and represented his country at UEFA Euro 2016.