- Real Madrid are hoping to become the first team since AC Milan to win back-to-back European Cup/Champions League trophies.
- This is the 19th encounter between Juventus and Real Madrid – all in the European Cup/Champions League, making this the second-most played fixture in the history of Europe’s premier club competition after Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (24).
- Juventus and Real Madrid have eight wins each and two draws. However, their only previous meeting in the Champions League final saw Real Madrid win 1-0 in 1998.
- Real Madrid have reached the final for the third time in four seasons. And have reached the European Cup/Champions League final for the 15th time, four more than any other club (AC Milan have reached 11). They’ve won 11 of the previous 14 – again more than any other team in history.
- Juventus have won only two of their eight European Cup/Champions League finals. They’ve lost their last four – in 1997, 1998, 2003 and 2015.
- Zinedine Zidane was part of the Juventus side that lost against Real Madrid in the only previous Champions League final between both teams (1998).
- If Gianluigi Buffon plays, he will be the third oldest player to feature in a European Cup/Champions League final (39 years and 4 months) after Dino Zoff (41 years and 2 months in the 1983 final) and Edwin van der Sar (40 years and 6 months in the 2011 final).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has reached the 10-goal mark for the sixth consecutive Champions League campaign – no other player has done it on more than two consecutive seasons (Messi, Van Nistelrooy).
- Dani Alves has scored more goals (10) and delivered more assists (25) than any other full-back in the Champions League since his debut in 2007/08. If he plays, it will be his 100th game in the competition and would become only the second Brazilian player to reach that milestone after Roberto Carlos.